Current as of January 2018
The legally binding version is always the German version of this document.
Prescreen International GmbH, Mariahilfer Straße 17, 1060 Vienna, Austria (hereinafter referred to as “Prescreen”, “we”, “us”) operates the e-recruiting system “Prescreen” under the domains *.prescreenapp.io and *.jobbase.io (hereinafter referred to as “Prescreen.io”), where companies can advertise job vacancies and receive and manage applications. Within the framework of these activities, Prescreen processes personal data on behalf of and for the purposes of these companies, which means that in this connection Prescreen is designated as the processor under data protection legislation, within the meaning of Art. 4 (8) of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Prescreen is designated as the controller within the meaning of Art 4 (7) GDPR if personal data are being processed for its own purposes. The protection and confidentiality of your data are of particular importance to Prescreen. Of course, your data are processed exclusively in accordance with the relevant data protection provisions, in particular the Austrian Data Protection Act (DSG), the Austrian Telecommunications Act (TKG), the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the German Telemedia Act (TMG). This Data Protection Policy also meets all of the statutory requirements that will become mandatory with the enactment of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018.
Prescreen uses your personal data only to allow you to take advantage of Prescreen’s Internet services that are subject to mandatory registration. Under no circumstances will Prescreen transmit your personal details to third parties for advertising, marketing or other purposes without authorisation.
Personal data are considered to be all information that allows conclusions to be drawn with regard to your personal or material circumstances, or from which it is possible to identify you.
(1) The services offered at Prescreen.io require registration as a user, during which Prescreen asks you for your name, a password and your email address, and possibly for further personal details which are needed to provide the services of Prescreen.io. You will find further information about cookies under section 3, “Registration information”.
(2) We also process your personal data that are provided in the framework of your correspondence and in the course of providing our services. In this context, messages, assessments and comments about applicants are made accessible to Prescreen.
(1) We collect and process the personal data that you provide when you register so that you can use the Prescreen services. These are primarily the following details:
1. Email address
Your password will not be visible to other Prescreen.io users under any circumstances at any time. Prescreen will not pass these details on to third parties under any circumstances or otherwise make them known to third parties.
(2) In addition, you will need to fill in the following mandatory fields when you register:
1. Telephone number
2. First name, Surname
5. Company name
7. Number of staff
8. Company head office
As soon as your web browser opens our website, we receive certain information via cookies. The precise way in which cookies work is described in more detail under section 5, “What are cookies”.
(1) Prescreen processes and uses the personal data collected to provide Prescreen services, for the purposes of registration on the companies’ websites, and for the purposes of sharing information between applicants and companies.
(2) We wish to point out that, for purposes of direct advertising, we send you electronic messages about our own similar products and services, in particular about updates and new Prescreen functions. We process your name, your email address and the data that you entered when using Prescreen for this purpose. You can object to receiving these messages at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
(1) Our website uses “cookies” in various places. These are used to make Prescreen.io more user-friendly, more effective and more secure. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer. Session cookies are deleted as soon as you leave our website. Permanent cookies (e.g. for functions such as “Remember my password”) remain on your computer’s hard drive until they are deleted by your browser. You can prevent cookies from being installed on your computer by adjusting your browser software accordingly. Please note, however, that in this case some functions of this website may not be available to you to their full extent.
(3) Below is a list of the cookies used.
|PHPSESSID||Session Cookie||Function||This cookie is used to identify the user during his/her use of Prescreen. The cookie is essential for the website to function properly. The cookie ceases to be valid once the browser is closed.||prescreen.io|
|REMEMBERME||Permanent Cookie||Function||This cookie is used to restore a session that has timed out. The cookie ceases to be valid after two weeks.||prescreen.io|
(1) Data collected by Prescreen are not published or transferred by Prescreen to third parties without authorisation, i.e. without your consent. This does not apply of course to the exchange of data between applicants and the company for which the application is intended.
(2) Sub-contracted processors acting as IT service providers help us provide our services and in the context of hosting services. They have registered offices in Austria and Germany. If other processors are commissioned with maintenance work, those processors may gain access to your data in the course of their work. In such cases, Prescreen undertakes to oblige them contractually to comply with the applicable data protection provisions and with the provisions regarding data protection and confidentiality under this Agreement.
(3) Prescreen may be legally obliged to disclose your data if such disclosure is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims of the customer in respect of the authorities.
(4) If Prescreen wishes to use your data in a way that goes beyond that described above, Prescreen will first obtain your express consent.
(1) We process your personal data for marketing purposes only if you have given your specific consent for us to do so. In these cases, we store it for a maximum period of three years, starting from the date of your last contact with us, as it can be assumed that you may be interested in using one of our services again by then or you may want to continue using your Prescreen.io access.
(2) The correspondence and information that is recorded by recruiters in the context of an application process is saved for three years even after they cease to be recruiters and is visible via the Prescreen.io login of the company for current and future recruiters.
(3) In the course of proper business relationships, your personal details are stored to the extent necessary to fulfil contractual obligations.
(4) Longer storage periods than the above may also result from the data being required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims in respect of the authorities or if statutory storage periods apply. The data will be stored as long as necessary to fulfil these purposes.
(1) You have the right to free information about the personal data about you that we process, as well as the right to correct and erase data, to limit data processing, and the right to data transferability. If you wish to assert these rights or obtain further information about them, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) As a matter of principle, our Data Protection Policy and our responsibility and liability in this connection does not cover websites of third-party providers to which we provide links or to which you are forwarded. We are also not responsible for subsequent data processing by the operators of those websites in such cases.
(1) You may at any time withdraw any consent you may have given as required by data protection law, with effect from that point forward. If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw, please send an email to email@example.com
The legal inadmissibility, ineffectiveness, invalidity or unenforceability of parts of these data protection provisions and conditions of use does not affect the effectiveness and validity of the remaining provisions.
If you believe that we are processing your data in contravention of applicable legal regulations, you can make a complaint to the Austrian data protection authorities or other responsible supervisory authority (in particular in the member state of your place of residence or work).
Prescreen International GmbH
Mariahilfer Straße 17
1060 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 89 07 679
Represented by: Constantin Wintoniak (Managing Director)
Alastair Bruce (Managing Director)
Registered office of the company: Vienna
Court of Commercial Registration: Vienna Commercial Court
Commercial Register no.: FN 461355 p
VAT reg. no.: ATU71686259