QA Engineer (m/f/x)
Prescreen is one of the fastest-growing HR tech startup in the German-speaking world. Located in the heart of Europe, beautiful Vienna, we are working with HR departments all over the planet to make recruitment easier and improve the candidate experience. Together with our parent company XING — the leading professional network in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland — we share one mission: enable companies to hire the best.
To enable our further growth we are looking for a QA Engineer (fulltime) who helps our engineering team to excel at what we do best: build applications that work.
A challenging task:
- Work in our cross-functional team as our first dedicated QA Engineer.
- You will keep an eye on our bugs and derive measures to improve based on the patterns in our bug reports.
- You own product quality from start to finish: beginning once a feature is defined together with our PO´s and ready to enter a sprint and ends after it’s delivered.
- Within this process you will decide which tests need to be automated and which ones should be performed manually. Also, you will consult and teach your team in order to get the right mix of tests.
- You will set up tools for developers in order to make QA as efficient as possible and also make our continuous deployment pipeline as fast as possible.
A convincing background:
- You know your way around open source test-automation tools (we use Gitlab) as well as manual software testing in a web environment.
- You are skilled in at least one scripting or other programming language (e.g. PHP, Python, JS).
- Profound knowledge about testing frameworks (e.g. Selenium) is a plus.
- A good understanding of distributed environments.
- The motivation to learn and improve.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- You get things done, have a positive mind-set, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English (German is a plus).
- You are culturally open. We value each and every person for who they are.
An inspiring environment:
- A permanent contract for full-time employment.
- The chance to work on an product that is used and loved by over 1000 companies in Europe.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Career chances within Prescreen & Xing.
- Free fruit, coffee, monthly breakfast and much more.
For legal reasons we have to state that the minimal salary for this position is 34.454 Euro gross. Let's talk about your actual salary in person.