Prescreen is one of the fastest-growing HR tech startups in the German-speaking world. Located in the heart of Europe, the beautiful Vienna, we are working with HR departments all over the planet to make recruitment easier and improve the candidate experience. Together with our parent company XING — the leading professional network in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland — we share one mission: enabling companies to hire the best.
We are looking for a Working Student to support our software engineering team on a daily basis.
A challenging task:
- You will be part of a small cross-functional software development team.
- Learn to design, test, build, ship and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable PHP code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation.
- Contribute to existing backends applications serving thousands of customers and users.
- Prepare and build reports for internal teams and customers.
A convincing background:
- You have first experience with object oriented software development in PHP.
- Understanding of the concept and importance of automated testing and code coverage.
- You're familiar with HTTP, HTML and JSON.
- Novice-understanding of software development tools like Git and CI Tools.
- A positive mind-set and the people skills to work with various people in various positions.
- Knowing about SCRUM and agile methodologies is a plus but not required
- You get things done, have a positive mind-set, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English (German is a plus).
- You are culturally open. We value each and every person for who they are.
An inspiring environment
- Flexible working hours.
- Up to date work environment with Macbook Pro.
- The chance to work on a product that is used and loved by over 1000 companies in Europe.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Career chances within Prescreen & New Work SE.
- Free fruit, coffee, monthly breakfast and much more.
If this sounds interesting and you think that you're the right person for this position we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including a possible starting date.
The monthly salary for this position starts at 1.862€ (gross) on the basis of full-time employment.