Prescreen is one of the fastest-growing HR tech startups in the German-speaking world. Located in the heart of Europe, the beautiful Vienna, we are working with HR departments all over the planet to make recruitment easier and improve the candidate experience. Together with our parent company New Work SE we share one mission: enabling companies to hire the best.
We are looking for a fulltime mid-level to senior QA Engineer to help our team to grow and excel at what we do best: build applications that improve our user's worklife.
A challenging task:
- Work in our cross-functional team being responsible for the quality of our product.
- You own product quality from start to finish: beginning once a feature is defined together with our PO´s and ready to enter a sprint and ends after it’s delivered.
- Within this process you will decide which tests need to be automated and which ones should be performed manually. Also, you will consult and teach your team in order to get the right mix of tests.
- You will make QA as efficient as possible, introducing new tools and also make our continuous deployment pipeline as fast as possible.
- You will keep an eye on our bugs and derive measures to improve based on the patterns in our bug reports.
A convincing background:
- You know your way around open source test-automation tools as well as manual software testing in a web environment.
- You are skilled in at least one scripting or other programming language (e.g. PHP, Python, JS).
- You have profound knowledge about Selenium.
- Experience with BDD test frameworks is a plus.
- A good understanding of distributed environments.
- The motivation to learn and improve.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- You get things done, have a positive mind-set, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English (German is a plus).
- You are culturally open. We value each and every person for who they are.
- You already worked with some of the technologies we use:
- GitLab as CI/CD system
- docker and how to run test-suites in containers
- PHPUnit for Backend unit-tests
- Jest for Frontend unit-tests
- Codeception for acceptance tests
- Postman for API tests
- PyTest for functional tests in general
An inspiring environment
- A permanent contract for full-time employment.
- The chance to work on a product that is used and loved by over 2000 companies in Europe.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Career chances within Prescreen & New Work.
- Free fruit, coffee, monthly breakfast and much more.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
For legal reasons we have to state that the minimal salary for this position is 42.672 Euro gross. We do pay a competitive salary based on your experience and skills.