Prescreen develops a cloud-based e-recruiting solution that we sell as SaaS to companies of all sizes. We do that from the heart of Europe - Vienna, Austria. Prescreen was founded in 2014, since then our team has been working with recruiting departments all around the world to make recruiting easier and improve the candidate experience.
Since 2017 we are part of XING - the leading professional network in the German-speaking area. Together with XING we see great potential to achieve our shared mission: enable companies to hire the best.
To pave the way for our further growth we are looking for a Lead for our backend team who helps our engineering team to excel at what we do best: build applications that work.
A challenging task:
- Lead Prescreen's backend engineers.
- Enable and support your team, build trust, inspire action, provide purpose and continuously develop each team member.
- Own backend software architecture - balance scaling capabilities in the future versus efficient feature development now.
- Be hands-on - develop features on your own and showcase best practices to your team.
- Communicate clearly with your team, peers and stakeholders.
- Hire and retain talented software engineers.
A convincing background:
- You are culturally open. We value each and every person for who they are.
- You have experience managing software engineers.
- You have experience building large web-applications with PHP (ideally even Symfony).
- You are a great engineer yourself but understand the value and importance of people management.
- You have a good understanding of complex distributed environments, you know where to look for errors and have an intuitive understanding of what can go wrong.
- Good knowledge of the tools (or similar tools) and technologies we use (MariaDB, Debian, GitLab, Redis, Elasticsearch, nginx, HAproxy, glusterFS, ...)
- The motivation to learn and improve the development processes.
- Automated testing, clean code and code coverage is just as important to you as production code.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- A positive mind-set and the people skills to work with various people in various positions.
- You get things done, have a positive mind-set, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English (German is a plus).
An inspiring environment
- A permanent contract for full-time employment.
- The chance to work on an product that is used and loved by over 1000 companies in Europe.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Real training and conferences.
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Career chances within Prescreen & Xing.
- Free fruit, coffee, monthly breakfast and much more.
- German lessons if you want to learn German.
For legal reasons we have to state that the minimal salary for this position is 56.434 Euro gross. Let's talk about your actual salary in person.