Prescreen is one of the fastest-growing HR tech startups in the German-speaking world. Located in the heart of Europe, the beautiful Vienna, we are working with HR departments all over the planet to make recruitment easier and improve the candidate experience. Together with our parent company XING — the leading professional network in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland — we share one mission: enabling companies to hire the best.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help our team to grow and excel at what we do best: build applications that work.
A challenging task:
- You will design and develop sustainable, future-oriented solutions with our backend stack in our agile development team.
- You will skillfully and cleverly apply suitable technologies. You work closely together with your teammates, product owners and other stakeholders.
- You will bring in your knowledge and experience and are actively looking to make an impact on the product and the technical architecture.
- Your tasks include creating brand new features as well as maintaining and optimizing existing functionalities with a strong focus on performance, stability and usability.
- You will work in an awesome and professional cross-functional team within a highly dynamic and agile environment.
A convincing background:
- You have a proven background in software engineering with a focus on building robust and scalable backend systems in PHP.
- You have advanced knowledge of working with relational database systems (MySQL/MariaDB) as well as with Elasticsearch and Redis.
- You are comfortable working with MVC frameworks, Symfony being the one of choice.
- Other programming languages and front-end skills (Vue.js) are a nice plus.
- A good understanding of complex distributed environments.
- The motivation to learn and improve development processes.
- Willingness to coach and mentor other developers and vice versa.
- Automated testing, clean code and code coverage is just as important to you as production code.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- A positive mind-set and the people skills to work with various people in various positions.
- You get things done, have a positive mind-set, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English (German is a plus).
- You are culturally open. We value each and every person for who they are.
An inspiring environment
- A permanent contract for full-time employment.
- The chance to work on a product that is used and loved by over 1000 companies in Europe.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Career chances within Prescreen & New Work SE.
- Free fruit, coffee, monthly breakfast and much more.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
For legal reasons we have to state that the minimal salary for this position is 49.910 Euro gross. We do pay a competitive salary based on your experience and skills.